DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Are you a blogger looking for new and powerful tools to promote your content? Pinterest holds a wealth of potential for bloggers to promote their content and drive website traffic.
By creating boards and pinning images and infographics related to your blog’s topics, you can reach a wider audience and attract new readers. There is the opportunity to create Pins that link directly to your content and incorporate keywords to be discovered in the platform’s search engine results.
As an added bonus, Pinterest offers analytics to track your performance and the opportunity to improve your blogging strategy. Stay with us as we explore practical and useful ways to promote your blog on Pinterest.
Table of Contents
Bloggers who invest in a strategy that promotes content on Pinterest can increase traffic to their website and boost readership.
If you’re on the fence, consider the following benefits of using Pinterest to promote your blog.
- Reach a wider audience: Pinterest has a large user base, with 433 million people who could potentially discover and read your blog.
- Increase website traffic: By creating pins that link directly to your blog posts, you can drive traffic to your website and increase the number of people who read your content.
- Improve search engine visibility: Pinterest is a search engine, and by using keywords in your boards and pins, you can make your content more discoverable to people searching for topics related to your blog.
- Collaborate with other bloggers: By repinning their content and leaving comments on their pins, you can collaborate with other bloggers and influencers in your niche, helping to build relationships and attract new readers.
- Track your performance: Pinterest’s analytics can help you track your performance, so you can see how your audience engages with your content and the impact on your website traffic, allowing you to adjust your strategy as needed.
- Cost-effective: Unlike other forms of paid advertising, promoting your blog on Pinterest is free, making it a cost-effective way to reach a large audience.
Pinterest offers a unique opportunity for bloggers to showcase their content, reach new audiences, and build relationships with other bloggers in their niche. But how do you get it right?
Follow these steps to lay the foundation and make the most out of promoting your blog on Pinterest.
- Create and set up a Pinterest business account
- Enable Rich Pins on your blogging website
- Create and curate your boards
- Create unique, high-quality Pins
- Develop a Pinterest strategy
- Monitor your performance to make necessary adjustments
The success of a Pinterest strategy is founded on a growing number of engaged followers. Growing your Pinterest followers increases the visibility of your pins and boards, allowing you to help reach a larger audience interested in your content — and drive them to your blog.
Since being founded in 2008, Pinterest has been adapting its algorithm to meet the needs of the audience. As a result, Pinterest experts have uncovered tried-and-tested strategies that effectively grow your followers.
As a starting point, consider these effective Pinterest strategies.
- Create boards that are related to the topics of your blog so that people who are interested in your content can find your Pins and boards.
- Optimize Pins for search by incorporating relevant keywords.
- Collaborate with other bloggers to broaden your reach.
- Post consistently to keep your existing followers engaged and attract new followers.
- Engage with your followers by responding to comments, showing gratitude for followers repinning your content, and building a relationship with them.
- Use Pinterest analytics to track your performance and identify what is working and what isn’t working.
- Use Promoted Pins and reach a larger audience through the paid service.
These strategies are useful to increase your visibility, drive traffic to your website and grow your followers on Pinterest.
With so many users on Pinterest, it’s important to create a unique identity, express yourself and get your followers to remember you.
Consider the following tips to help you get started on shaping your unique identity.
- Develop a consistent visual style: Use consistent colors, fonts, and branding elements in your pins and boards to create an identifiable visual identity.
- Create high-quality, visually appealing pins: Use high-resolution images and infographics to create pins that are visually appealing and engaging, encouraging followers to visit your website.
- Showcase your own content and authority: Create valuable content and include links directly to your blog posts or other content that you’ve created, establishing yourself as a credible source of information in your niche.
- Share your unique perspective: Share your personalized perspective and ideas on your niche, as this will establish you as an expert in your niche and attract followers who are interested in your content.
- Branding: Use your own logo, colors, and overall design to make your account look professional and consistent, making it easy for users to recognize you.
- Be authentic: Show your personality, share your own experiences, and let users know what makes you unique.
Increase Your Pinterest Visibility
Increasing your Pinterest visibility is crucial for reaching a larger audience, driving traffic to your website, and growing your followers on the platform. There are a few key ways to achieve this goal, namely, conducting keyword research and optimizing your Pinterest descriptions.
Conducting keyword research on Pinterest is a crucial step in promoting your blog on the platform as it helps you to understand what people are searching for, how they are searching for it, and how to optimize your content to be more discoverable to your target audience.
Keyword research helps you identify popular trends and topics in your niche, which you can use to create content that is more likely to be shared and repinned by other users. By doing so, you can attract new followers interested in your content and increase your visibility on the platform. Additionally, it will give you an idea of the competition and how you can optimize your pins to be more discoverable.
After conducting keyword research, bloggers can understand what keywords people are using to find content related to their niche. From here, you can optimize your pins and boards to be more discoverable to your target audience.
Incorporate relevant keywords in the board titles and descriptions, as well as the descriptions of your Pins. Be concise and to the point, providing context for the Pin while maintaining your brand voice.
By optimizing your descriptions on Pinterest, you can increase the chances of your pins being found by users searching for similar content, helping you reach a larger audience, drive traffic to your website, and grow your followers on the platform.
Increasing website traffic through Pinterest is a great way to reach a wider audience and drive more visitors to your blog — and here’s how it’s done.
An enchanting headline can make the difference between a user scrolling past your Pin or clicking through to your website.
Some key tips to include in your Pins headline includes:
- Use strong action words to prompt action.
- Use numbers to draw attention to the post.
- Keep the headline short and sweet.
- Use relevant keywords.
- Ask a question.
Take the time to create high-quality Pins to stand out from competitors and encourage followers to share, repin and, of course, click on your content. You don’t need to be an expert designer to create high-quality Pins. Instead, you can keep the following tips in mind.
- Use high-resolution images that are clear, sharp, and visually appealing.
- Create interesting images that demand attention, such as infographics, unique images, and other engaging visual elements.
- Optimize image size for Pinterest.
- Be consistent in your colors, fonts, and branding elements.
- Be creative and explore different types of Pins, such as videos and carousels.
- Test different designs to see which Pins work best.
Posting at the right time can help ensure that your pins are seen by the right people and increase their chances of clicking on your Pin and visiting your website.
Keep a close eye on your analytics and Pin them during peak hours when most of your followers are active on the platform. Pin consistently throughout the week to keep your content visible. A scheduler can help to streamline the process and make it more efficient.
Remember that you can create multiple Pins for a single blog post, trying out different designs and posting at different times. Make an effort to analyze the data to see which Pins are driving the most traffic to your website.
Engaging with your followers on Pinterest is an important step in driving traffic to your website. By interacting with your followers, you can build a community around your content, increase your visibility on the platform, and get more people on your page.
Make sure you respond to comments, share other users’ content, and collaborate with other users to expand your reach. Consider hosting a Pinterest contest and, again, make use of analytics to understand audience behavior better.
Promoting your blog on Pinterest can be a powerful way to reach a wider audience and drive more traffic to your website. By creating captivating headlines, producing high-quality pins, pinning at strategic times, and engaging with your followers, you can increase your visibility on the platform and ultimately achieve your goal of driving more traffic to your blog.
If you feel like you need an extra boost in driving traffic and leveraging Pinterest, then check out our Pintastic Rockstars course!